Saturday, February 11, 2012

Other Side of The Glass

[Something I wrote quite a few years ago (pre wife and kids).  I don't really remember the circumstances now.  Life can be, and so often is, filled with pain.  I'm so thankful for the hope that I have in Christ.  He is the true hope.  Life is only so long here on this earth.  Pushing forward in the hope and by the grace of Jesus is sometimes all we can do... and HE will do the rest!]

ON THE OTHER SIDE OF THE GLASS

What’s going through your mind?
Is there a true hope?
Or a hope that is not true?
Is there a sense of apprehension?
Not knowing what you will find?

Sometimes we look forward through what is behind.
Those things in the past serve as a lens to the future.
We need to break through to reality.
See things as they really are and really could be.

The broken glass is a memory of life’s pain.
Shattered pieces fallen to the ground.
Jagged edges remain as a constant reminder.
A constant reminder of the life there is to gain.

On the other side there is a clarity never before seen.
Reality is a breath of fresh hope.
I must push forward to a true hope.
This sense of apprehension drives me on.

Never look back, never look back.
Before you know, I’ll be gone.

No comments:

Post a Comment