Thursday, November 29, 2012

Die Trying (A Reacher Novel)

This is the third (at least in the order I'm reading them) book in the Jack Reacher series.  I've obviously enjoyed the series enough to come back for thirds.  I think I will likely keep on reading the series as I've found them enjoyable.  Although there are many similarities in the stories there is enough uniqueness in each plot to to keep the variety alive.  This one particularly provided some variety that was interesting.

Once again the story begins when Jack finds himself in just the right place in precisely the right moment... completely by accident.  I suppose you could argue he is in the wrong place at just the wrong moment but that wouldn't make as exciting of a novel.  Jack and a woman who he doesn't know are kidnapped.  You are kept guessing at who they are.   The plot line was different and certainly intersting.  An anti-government militia group out of Montana are using them as a hostage, although not a typical hostage situation.  With unique twists throughout it keeps you turning the pages.

Once again, Jack does what he needs to do and although not everything always ends perfectly it ends fittingly.  Jack just doing what he does best.  Solving problems and disapearing until the next random experience in his life, which will likely be the next story I read.

No comments:

Post a Comment